To read the full job description, please visit safconcordia.ca
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Hours: 35 hours/week.
Terms of employment: 1-year contract, with the option to renew for a second year.
Remuneration: An annual salary of $32,000-$34,000, based on qualifications and experience.
February 12th, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in one .PDF file to Nadra Wagdy at [email protected]
The first round of interviews will be conducted on the weeks of February 19th and 26th. Applicants will be selected using pre-established criteria set by our Board of Directors Human Resources Committee.
ABOUT THE SUSTAINABILITY ACTION FUND
The Sustainability Action Fund is financed by a 25-cent per-credit undergraduate student fee levy, and a $1.25 per term graduate student fee levy. This fee-levy equals approximately $210,000 per year. Our fund exists to support Concordia student-led projects concerning environmental and/or social justice issues such as; building sustainable infrastructure, promoting urban agriculture, strengthening community, and education surrounding environmental and community issues, with the goal of developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
OVERALL CEO OBJECTIVES
The general duties of the Chief Executive Officer is to manage all programs, activities and personnel of the Sustainability Action Fund under the supervision of the Board of Directors. Additionally, the Chief Executive Officer shall also be responsible for implementing and supervising programs and activities and ensuring the financial stability of the Sustainability Action Fund.
• Lead the development and execution of the organization’s mission and long-term strategy.
• Develop, re-visit and communicate SAF’s Strategic Directions in close collaboration with the team and board of directors
• Develop an annual work plan aligned with the organization’s strategic directions, goals and objectives
• Oversee the flow of funds to ensure steady progress toward strategic goals and achievement of the mission
• Administer all major personnel, programs, policies and procedures approved by the Board
• Serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization and ensure proper representation to its various constituencies.
• Represent the organization by participating in key associations, hubs, and advisory groups
• Participate in committees of the Sustainability Governance
Framework to integrate sustainability in the university’s operations, research, teaching and engagement strategies
• Establish and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with the university administration, faculty members, policymakers, media, and professional/community organizations involved in sustainability.
• In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, support project teams by coaching and providing feedback on applications. Act as a mentor for various groups coordinating sustainability projects at Concordia
• Draft monthly reports to the Board of Directors
• Applicant must possess an undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities. Alternatively, an applicant may be working toward finishing their degree at Concordia University*
• Advanced knowledge of various social and environmental sustainability topics and issues (such as Climate Change, Waste Management, Food Systems, Community Development, Social Justice, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies)
• Collaborative leadership experience in a non-profit environment
• 2+ years experience with project management and coordination
• Experience in office administration and financial management
• Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
• Responsible, self-motivated and autonomous worker
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills to collaborate effectively with all relevant stakeholders at the University
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities and multi-task
• Experience working with student groups at Concordia University
• Must be fluent in English, written and oral. Bilingual in French and English is also strongly recommended
• Familiar with Concordia University’s financial systems and practices
• Experience working with a Board of Directors: ability to provide support to a board and its committees
*If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact Nadra Wagdy at [email protected]